Art Project - SPM 2013

School gave us a Project for Art. Correction, not school but the government ..
The marks are counted in the SPM results for Art Paper. This Project is Art Paper Paper3.
Paper 1 + Paper 2 = 100% Paper 3 = 100%
Paper 1 + 2 + 3 = total marks divide 2 = the score for that art paper

We were actually started this project like 5 months ago and now finally we are done with it. Thinking back, 5 months is seriously long and time just fly like that. SPM is coming nearer too 😰
Okay, anyway this is what I had been doing for months. It may look easy, but when you actually do them. It's not ! I am serious. To tell you the truth, I went through so much stress and frustration with this project.
Teacher did rejected few stuffs and ask us to re-do. That's worst.. But then, I realised that teacher does all these are for our own good, so that we get can better marks and also the marks that we deserved to get. If possible, to get full marks for it. Obviously she called us to re-do stuffs to make them better to get better marks right? She actually cares allot for us. If you give her respect, listen to her and do what she says, you will find her really nice. So I guess this is actually how true teachers show their love to us? She always tell us not to give up and we can put in more effort to improve. For students who are week in their art, this paper3 can actually help to pull up the marks for art paper.

My project is to do a 'Arca' / Mobile Sculpture.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

-The Folio -

No. 1 & 2

Find ..

-10 Pictures of Under Water Creatures / Animals 

 -10 Pictures of Mobile Sculptures Ideas
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No. 3
Draw the Creature / Animal that we choose.
I choose Trot Fish. So yeaa .. That's my realistic drawing and colouring of Trout Fish.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No. 4

Draw 4 different ideas of Mobile Sculpture that we Design by our own. 
Okay, I didn't design them. Stole ideas from google.

After that, label them by the steps.
1- Realistic drawing of the fish
2- The sketching of the fish
3- The parts of the fish that we wanna use to make the mobile sculpture
4- Your idea

We actually did 10 ideas but teacher will choose only 4. 
Puan Normaliza always say, "when I ask you for 10 you must give me 20! Always double!" 
I had a hard time thinking, stretching my head for ideas and also searching the Internet. We have to draw them in A4 papers first for teacher to choose. After that, re-draw the 4 ideas on to the art paper.
So below are the 10 A4 sized papers.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No. 5
Just now at No 4, out of the 4 ideas we have to choose one idea and that will be our final idea and draw it out. So the picture below is my final idea + the functions of it.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No. 6
Kajian Warna. Colour tester.
Draw 4 times of the same thing and colour with 4 different colours.

GreenOrangeSilverBlue
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No.7
Okay ! I re-drew this like more then 6-7 times because it just won't turn out. 

I actually have to draw a 3-D version of my product from 3 Different Sides of View.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No. 8
This Arca need to be in a Restaurant. So we have to draw it in a restaurant.

I know my restaurant looks weird. LOL.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No. 9
The things that we used for the whole project we have to draw them out.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

No. 10
The photo process through out the whole work.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

After finishing, all the papers goes into the file. The file we have to hand in to teacher. She will help us bind them together. No taking back. Bye-Bye my Mickey Mouse file. You had serve me well for the whold of Form4 and Form5 for my Art Things. LOL.

Actually the work in the above/below pictures are not 100% complete. I did add editing like the description + the index + touch up. Sorry no picture of the complete project because I did them in school and handed them in straight away.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

- The Product -

Teacher advised me to use aluminium paper to make my product out.
+ a plank of Wood that is not in the picture.
[p.s. Seriously Grateful and Thankful to En Ru for lending me her Eyelet Puncher]


The so called aluminium paper that I got is soft and easy to fold.
 BUT !! After making the pyramids out, teacher rejected it. She said the material is not suitable. She also said that she can even crush it. She then advised me to go to Hardware Shop or DIY Shop and ask them for the thinnest aluminium sheet. The ones that are used for can drinks.
So byebye to the first batch that I made T__T

Finally found them after hunting high and low for 3 days.
These sheets are so sharp that I need to be careful or I will end up getting cuts all over my fingers which I already did. Not only my fingers but my leg also. This is the right timing when the gloves come in. Abit harder to fold as the material of the sheet is tougher.

In the Process ..

Tadaaa .. Very satisfied with the outcome as they look so good. LOL.

Then bending the wires to hook them up.
Bending the wires with bare hands was also not easy. Luckily I got My best friend help.

Hanging them together with wires + the bells.
Because 'Bunyi' Sound is the Effects of it.

At first, I did until this length. But teacher called me to make it longer. So I had to add on more.
But 5 days latter I need to take them out because teacher told me that my wood cant be plain.
So she suggest me to coil it with wire.

-
On the 19 July 3013, handed to teacher
The Arca
and The Folio
She told me that I did well ! YYEEESSSSSSS !!!!! HAHAHAHHAA. Like Finally !
But! She asked me a question. 'Nak Markah Penuh Tak? 25/25?' Obviously I want lah! Who don't want full marks? 25% for the product + 25% for the folio then X2 = 100%.
So if I want full marks she call me to take my product back again and buy a very very very thin wire to wrap the wood up until the brown part can't be seen and she gave me the dead line to finish it by the 22 July 2013. So I took it back and did what she told me. 
Seriously, I couldn't find the thin wires. Luckily Yeng Teng lots extra. Really thankfull to Yeng Teng !

JJANG !!
Teacher accepted it, and I am over the moon now ! Like finally laa after months..
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 My Sleepless Nights !
Had been an owl for so many night and hadn't been sleeping well. I even fainted and had bruises on my legs. Until now my face is still swollen and there is a quite deep scar on it. Hurts like crazy. Like seriously how did I fainted and got myself like that ?! Looks like I got beaten up like those k-dramas movie. LOL. Hopefully it cures fast la. Even though I know it will take time as the scar is quite deep. Probably will leave a mark on my face like forever. I can't even bare to look at my own face in the mirror. Wearing mask every time I step out of the house to go for tuition and etc .. But not really in school cause it will attract more attention, so bit of cover up by my beautician mom. I just pray hard and hope that the scar won't be permanent. My hands and fingers had also turned ugly even my leg has one big cut ㅠ__ㅠ MY FACE !!! 😭

Oh well, at least finally the project is over ! ㅋ
Seriously after 16 years of my life, I have never though that Art was a stressful and hard subject until this year 😅 이건 정말 장난 아니야
In the end with all the hard work, scoldings, rejecting, re-doing, frustration, etc.. It's finally done! I would say in my whole primary and secondary school life, this is the best art teacher that I had ever gotten. She is strict but she cares allot for her students and wants the best form them.
Practice Makes Perfect !
Puan Normaliza, my Art Teacher [2012&2013] and my Class Teacher [2013] , 
I would like to Thank You so much for helping me and guiding me in my Seni. Terima Kasih !!
She is like the best dedicated teacher I had in my life.
Thank You so much to my Friends too, Yeng Teng, Geok Yen, Yin Kuan, En Ru, Szi Yi, Geraldine and Sook Wye for the help and support. 
Last but not least, my Parents. Even with all the naggings at me, you both still help me out. 
Thank You So Much !!
Okay, I am done with my 'ucapan terima kasih'. LOL
Thank You for reading too !



Instagram: @joilynn__
Facebook: Joi Lynn
Twitter: @joilynn__


Comments