Joilynn's Graduation 👩🏻‍🎓 Bachelors Of Mass Communication (Hons)


Finished another chapter of my life 👩🏻‍🎓
Bachelor of Mass Communication (Hons) 🎓


Mini celebration with mom and dad because they are more ‘kan cheong’ than I am.
Graduation theme : Darling Angel Wings Graduation Cake and Graduation Chrome Gold & Black Balloons.


Graduation Chrome Gold & Black Balloons from Twinka Balloons


Darling Angel Wings Graduation Cake from The Buttercake Factory



D-Day ! 👩🏻‍🎓
Appreciation post here as I may not post them on my SNS account due to too many photos. LOL

Big big thanks to my love ones! 
My uni buddies - the Royal Family and my course mates. Without you guys, I wouldn’t had made it until this day. Thanks for standing all my nonsense and also going through all the assignments and presentations with me since day one. Thank you veli muchie !! (ps. so many more buddies we didn't get to take photos with. so below are just 50% of them)



Thank you Sir.
Mr Chan has spend the whole of last year of Uni life with us, coaching us with our FYP. One of the best lecturer. We are his 3 angels. More like powerpuff girls LOL


Thank you to my Saujana besties aka my jimuis!
Future Ji Muis, thank you Kye Ci and Simone for making time to come all the way here to Kota Damansara with flowers too. The stitch is so cute!



And also not forgetting En Ru for the surprise graduation gift that I received yesterday. 3,598 miles away and your presence are still here even though you are currently in Adelaide. I am seriously so touched that I started tearing up when the delivery came. Good luck in your studies and I can’t wait see you soon next month ! Btw, the macarons from @elevete are too good ! Highly recommend !



The biggest pillar that help me till the end of my Uni studies so that I could graduate today. This graduation and convocation is for you too baby. Thank you for pulling through thick and thin with me. Always grateful and will forever be ♥️ 



Thank you to my cousins, Sandy JieJie and Ah Loong GorGor for making time to come and give me banyak support. Thank You for the yummy lunch too!



Big thanks to my mom and dad for all the lovable nagging and financially supporting me. Even though you guys don’t know how much tones of assignments and stress I had went through especially during the last year of FYP, I really wanted to die. Their favourite sentence would always be ‘still cannot finish? got so much de meh?’ Yeaa .. They always think that Uni is a pathway of roses when the tough reality is actually a pathway of thorns. But anyway, I am like your first and last investment because there is no one else to support besides me? Haha. Whatever you guys have done had already pushed my this far in life. Thank you thank you and I will always be forever grateful!



Big big thanks to MaMa, my one and only grandmother that always love me, feed me and support me physically and financially throughout my Uni life. Always feeding me with lots of food and always asking me to eat more. She is one of the reason why Joilynn is fat now. Haha. She always said that she wants to see me graduate. So now that she has witness it, the next step is that she have to see me getting married. Just look how much she is smiling on each and every photo. I am way beyond happiness!! Please stay strong, happy and healthy Mama!


Last but not least, my beloved YehYeh. Even though you left 1 month before I enrolled into Uni, I have made your dream came through to enter Uni and stuck through Uni life for 5 years. I did well right? Hehe. Hope you are happy and smiling from up there. Miss you lots!



Probably the first time in my life receiving so many big bouquets of flowers in one day.
🎓💐🌻🌹🐰🌾 
All the prettiness from Sugar Dust even thought I was honestly a bit disappointed on the flowers. But they are still pretty in general lah.

Chee Loong was kindda disappointed cause his L size bouquet looks the same size as my other two M size bouquets. I am also so sorry cause I also didn't expected it to be this small. Cause I refused to let him order a XL one thinking that L will be too big for me to carry already. As for me, yea I would admit they are all smaller in size than expected. Oh well, done is done. Not like I can replay this whole thing again. I will get you a XXL bouquet for your graduation next year yea. No more flowers disappointments!


I am so grateful to have each and everyone of you around in my life.
Thank you for all the wishes ❤️

👩🏻‍🎓



Expectation VS Reality
When the weather was so hot, sun was blazing hot, that you couldn't even open your eyes. Sweating buckets of water. And then it started raining a bit. Shoulders were aching because the graduation gown was so heavy. Hands and arms were aching because flowers were heavy too. Legs and feet were dying due to the amount of standing.
I swear it was a very tiring day that I nearly fainted due to dehydration and the hotness of the weather 😅 I think I am just weak lah.

There are many regrets here and there like my bouquets, not enough photos, photos at better photo spots, didn't take at the SEGi University sign / logo, didn't capture the beauty of SEGi Uni, SEGi swimming pool under construction, no proper family photo with dad, no throwing of mortar, had to return the gown after a period of time, didn't really got my hair done cause I had to be in Uni at 7am, etc etc.. Everything kindda kelam kabut. One of the biggest regret and dislike is the water / cotton bag sticking out so obvious at the bottom of my bouquet of flowers. So much water inside there that my arms started aching the next day LOL. Their flowers are really pretty, but I don't understand why they put so much water omg. Pretty on top, ugly at the bottom. Now I see all my photos my eyes can't leave that spot of the flowers, super 'bak chek' already  🤦🏻‍♀️ The more I walk the more the water bag gets lower / dropping 😪 Now thinking back, I should had just burst the whole water bag to let the water out. Why didn't I thought off that earlier 😩  Holding graduation flowers are like holding wedding bouquet. It will be on your hands and you will be walking around most of the time, not seating down to 'pai leng', so honestly heavy water bags for the flowers are not recommended. I will still include the company at the bottom of this post cause at least their flowers are pretty lah 😂 and everyone deserve a second chance I guess. Maybe can make a request or remarks about the water bag when you order. Their price is okay too I think. Haha I don't have much knowledge on flowers cause my family don't usually buy flowers and this is my first time ordering too. Honestly never ever expected this kind of outcome cause I don't see anyone facing this during their graduation expect me? If you are someone that haven't graduate and is reading this post. I do hope you can learn about a thing or two and do take note so that your graduation day / photos won't be ruined like mine lah. But oh well time to move on 🌚 not like I can replay this once in a life time thing again. However, looking on the bright side, I finally graduated!!

My advice to future grads, if you are so particular / ocd with photos (like me 😂), plan your itenary and timing, which part of the uni you wanna capture / shoot, what style of shoot you want to shoot, what kind of pose you want to pose. Like, make a check list or something if not you will miss them out or forget. Or invest in a hairstylist / make-up artist / photographer if you want like PERFECT outcome of photos 😂
I think I would do this if I ever take Masters 🤓 or maybe not?

But never the-less I am truly grateful for Chee Loong being there for me. Thank you for collecting and bringing all the flowers over. Thank you for being my personal camera man and following me everywhere to help me take photos so that I can post here and keep as memories. Thank you for being all patience with me! I can't imagine how things would turn out without him. Thank you baby ❤️ I promise to plan a better graduation for you with no regrets or at least way lesser regrets 🤭


Bonus ! Hahah. I think my no eyebrows game is still strong LOL.
6 years old - kindergarten and now 23 years old - BAMC


Mama graduated with me too ❤️ hehe



So the question now is Masters mou ? 🎓



Nails by Enchated Siblings
Something simple like grey and nude colour for my graduation 🎓🖤
Kindda regret not choosing something more fancy and bling now. Sometimes I just make the worst decisions and I feel like slapping myself after that. LOL



Thank you to some of these loyal companies of mine for making my graduation more prettier, memorable and more meaningful too [NOT sponsored] Linking them below just incase you wanna find them for anything.

Pre Graduation
🎓🎈Graduation balloons from @twinka.co
🎓🎂 Darling Angel Wing Graduation Cake from @buttercake_factory
👗OOTD from @mgplabel @mgp.my (lilic grey dress)

Graduation
🎓💐: 🌻,🌹,🐰🌾 Graduation Bouquets from @sugardust.my
👗OOTD from @room8008 (white dress)
👠 Shoes from @christyngshoes
💅🏻 Gel Manicure from @enchantedsiblings

Post Graduation
📓 Large and Small Photobook from @photobookww
🖼 Preserved Flower Artwork Photo-frame from @lovelimzyco

_______________________________________________

Blog post related to SEGi
👩🏻‍🎓 Diploma Graduation
👩🏻‍🎓 Last Paper for my Uni Life
👩🏻‍🎓 BYE SEGi !
_______________________________________________

___________________________________________________

Blog post related to Twinka Balloons & Gifting
🎈 Rose Gold Balloons
🎈 Graduation Chrome Gold & Black Balloons
🎈 Unicorn theme Balloons
🎈 Grand Garland Hoop (Mama Birthday)
___________________________________________________

_____________________________________________________

Blog post related to Photobook
_____________________________________________________

_______________________________________________

Blog posts related to Elevete
🖤 Macaroons
_______________________________________________

_________________________________________________________________________

Blog post related to The Buttercake Factory®️
🧈🎂 2019 : Darling Syl Cake  |  Darling Angel Wing Graduation Cake  |  Darling Blue Galaxy Cake with Antigravity Tiger Beer
🧈🎂 2020 : Pink Floral Angel Wing Cake  |  Darling Gold Monochrome Cake
🧈🎂 2021 : Classic Crown Cake  |  Aurora Cake  |  Darling Cheers Cake
🧈🎂 2023 : Basket Of Hearts  |  Money Coin Cake
_________________________________________________________________________



Instagram: @joilynn__
Facebook: Joi Lynn
Twitter: @joilynn__
Blog: joilynnlum.blogspot.com
Email: joilynn96jl@gmail.com


Comments