Malacca Sand Dunes


First of all, Happy Malaysia Day !

Last sunday we made a one day trip to Malacca Sand Dunes @ Padang Pasir Klebang.
Took almost a 2 hours drive from KL to Malacca just to reach this destination.
To be honest we all (Chee Loong, Cyndi and I) came here because of Chee Loong's Malaysia tourism assignment for his uni. I would say it was a love hate place for me LOL.

Cause I am a type of person which is super weak at outdoor activities and this place of attraction requires A LOT of walking. So do be prepared and come with proper attires as specially shoes if you are planning to visit this place.


It's honestly nothing else but Sand Dunes as the name of the place already tells it all. So left, right, 360 degrees is all Sand Dunes 😂 The view is nice if you climb up to the top of the dunes and watch the sunset 🌤

Great experience but I don't think I would go back there again LOL. I think it's like a once in a life time experience for me is enough. I am so sick of sand that I want to stay away from sand for atleast 3 months or so for now 😂

Okay, I kindda made it sound bad, but it's not that bad actually lah. Go during the late afternoon and watch the sunset. I promise it's less hotter than early afternoon. The wind just kept blowing, so it wasn't that hot. But it's Malaysia, so the heat from the sun is still there and the sun was still blazing at around 4.30-5.00pm. What made me phobia the most was the pain that my feet had gotten from the sand. Yeaa, the sand there are very coarse. So I think slippers might not be the best choice but sport shoes are, even though you may ask me 'who wears sport shoes to the beach?!' Yeaa, I had the same thought in mind and happily went there with slippers. Of course I regretted it 😅 the sand there are so coarse and there is a lot of walking to be done. From the carpark to the Dunes is like a 1km walk away.

This is suppose to be A Desert Lake that forms in an inland of the sea, however it doesn't look like it now 😅


Last but not least, before I end this post. I would like to say that, that I do not discourage and encourage here. You do what is the best for you. Malaysia truly asia, so if you are really curious and want experience, go for it !
Do remember to put sunblock, bring shades, water and wear proper attires.
Enjoy if you are planning to make a trip here to Malacca Sand Dunes ! ☺️ 

Malacca Sand Dunes
GPS coordinates 2.216384, 102.194318


_______________________________________________

Blog post related to Malaysia Day
🇲🇾 2018  |  2019  |  2020  |  2023
_______________________________________________



Instagram: @joilynn__
Facebook: Joi Lynn
Twitter: @joilynn__
Blog: joilynnlum.blogspot.com
Email: joilynn96jl@gmail.com


Comments